Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Thomas D'Silva <td...@twilio.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/25 00:03:54 UTC

[REVIEW REQUEST] CALCITE-5240 (MaterializedViewRule enhancement)

Hi,

I would like to request a review for CALCITE-5240, it
modifies MaterializedViewRule so that views that do a rollup (for eg a
group by on a datetime column floored to day) can be used when a query
contains a range predicate on the same column.
At my company we used calcite to develop a query engine for kudu[1]. We
create rollup aggregates that are stored in a separate table that are
maintained by a kafka streaming app to speed up certain aggregation
queries. Currently the logic to determine whether to query the raw table or
the cube is done outside of calcite, but we would like to utilize
Calcite's materialized view feature for this.

Thank you,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/twilio/calcite-kudu