Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2017/06/03 18:42:10 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] No regions on Master node in 2.0

Back to this hanging thread full of goodness.

I'm here now as your RM for hbase2 trying to extract the minimum set of
deploy forms we need to support.

On a reread of the above, I am thinking the hbase2 default is to have the
same shape as hbase1 with Master carrying NO regions (See operators Bryan
and Yu petitions above). Making it so Master only carries system tables is
a deploy that our brethren from East Palo Alto argue is the most robust
deploy type so as RM I'll ensure this deploy form is possible (The bulk of
hbase2 testing, at least by myself, will use the default). Work to make it
so any server can carry regions and the Master function can be assumed by
any has not seen follow-through so I'm punting on this as an option.

If you think different regards hbase2, please speak up.

Thanks,
St.Ack