Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "le squere, vincent" <vi...@capgemini.com> on 2009/12/14 16:28:06 UTC

maven assembly plugin - the artefact size is multiplied by 2

Hello,
    I'm working on a multi-module project.
    This project contains an ear artifact, which is correctly generated.

    I'm also using maven-assembly-plugin (tried with version 2.2-beta-2 to 2.2-beta-4), to group all the artifact I've generated in a specific folder, call it destination folder.
    But, when the size of my ear is more than 20Mo, the size is multiplied by 2 in the destination folder.
    I thought that it just makes a copy.
    I'm searching some help to solve this problem, do you have any idea ?
    I don't understand why this behavior happens.

Cheers,

Vincent LE SQUERE | Capgemini Ouest | ITC Nantes
vincent.lesquere@capgemini.com<ma...@capgemini.com>
Office: +33(0)251 173 501
Join the Collaborative Business Experience

</PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>

Re: maven assembly plugin - the artefact size is multiplied by 2

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>    But, when the size of my ear is more than 20Mo, the size is multiplied by 2 in the destination folder.
>    I thought that it just makes a copy.

Use Winzip or similar to unpack the Ear and look at the contents. You
can probably figure out what's going on with a little more
information, but just saying "its twice the size" without knowing
anything more about it makes it tough to say why its happening.

Wayne