Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by An...@interactivedata.com on 2005/03/30 18:23:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Limiting connections by directory, including cgis?

I have been searching all around with no luck.

I want to be able to limit the number of connections per directory, in
order to prevent a case which
has happened in the past where one of our products gets backed up and
prevents connections to
another.

I found mod_bandwidth, and it looked perfect until I saw that it doesn't
work with CGIs, which is all this is.

mod_throttle almost looked promising, but it looks like that won't quite
do it either, if I understand it properly.

Is there some way to do this? We are using the 1.3 apache branch, but
could probably switch to Apache 2 if
needed.

My thought was something that limited each product directory to a number
of connections less than the total
allowed, but if there is some other way to do it, I am open to
suggestions.

Re: [users@httpd] Limiting connections by directory, including cgis?

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.

> Not using virtual hosts, though, and it doesn't look like it supports
> directory blocks from the docs...
>
> Trying to use one host so we don't have to buy a big stack of SSL certs.

Sorry, my fault , cause i read too fast and didnt notice you said directory.

My bw_mod can handle Max connections per directory, but it's for apache
2, and has some limitations for now (still working on it)

Posted by An...@interactivedata.com.
Not using virtual hosts, though, and it doesn't look like it supports
directory blocks from the docs...

Trying to use one host so we don't have to buy a big stack of SSL certs.

i.e.
secure.foo.com/prod1
secure.foo.com/prod2

"Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>