Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org> on 2010/09/16 17:53:54 UTC

missing artifact

Hi Devs,
Are you guys having any problem with the build today? I just got the code
from svn into a new computer, but I cant build it...

Downloading: http://download.java.net/maven/1/jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:pom:1.2' in repository java.net (
http://download.java.net/maven/1)
Downloading:
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:pom:1.2' in repository jboss
snapshot (http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss)
Downloading:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/repo//jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:pom:1.2' in repository
openejb-3rdparty-builds (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/repo/)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:pom:1.2' in repository central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading: http://download.java.net/maven/1/jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:jar:1.2' in repository java.net (
http://download.java.net/maven/1)
Downloading:
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:jar:1.2' in repository jboss
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/repo//jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:jar:1.2' in repository
openejb-3rdparty-builds (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/repo/)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jstl/jstl/1.2/jstl-1.2.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'jstl:jstl:jar:1.2' in repository central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) jstl:jstl:jar:1.2

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jstl -DartifactId=jstl
-Dversion=1.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=jstl -DartifactId=jstl -Dversion=1.2
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.superbiz.jsf:jsf:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) jstl:jstl:jar:1.2

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.superbiz.jsf:jsf:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots),
  jboss snapshot (
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss),
  java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1),
  apache-m2-snapshot (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/),
  apache-maven-snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/),
  openejb-3rdparty-builds (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/repo/)

tkx,
Thiago.

Re: missing artifact

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
Hi Andy,
tkx! Its working... but now I dont know if the problem was the network, the
OS or something else.
Now Im at home with a linux box. Early today I was behind my company
firewall with a windows7 box. Ill test it again tomorrow.
tkx again!
Thiago.

Re: missing artifact

Re: missing artifact

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.
I just checked out trunk for openejb3 on my Mac and built it, and got
it to build.  The first time I had some missing artifacts, but I was
not using the right repos.  I did it again and got a build error, then
skipped the tests and it ran successfully.  It was not clear to me
from http://openejb.apache.org/source-code.html if test errors are
expected on Unix-like systems.  Maybe try the build again?

I saw:

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jstl/jstl/1.1.2/jstl-1.1.2.pom
[WARNING] While downloading jstl:jstl:1.1.2
  This artifact has been relocated to javax.servlet:jstl:1.1.2.

[INFO] Building war:
/Users/tedkirby/svn/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples/webapps/jsf/target/jsf.war
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing
/Users/tedkirby/svn/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples/webapps/jsf/target/jsf.war
to /m2/org/superbiz/jsf/jsf/1.0-SNAPSHOT/jsf-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

Re: missing artifact

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
For some reason this artifact just disappeared. I found a geronimo version
of it. Is it OK if we change
the "openejb\examples\webapps\ejb-examples\pom.xml" dependency from (a) to
(b)?

(a)
    <dependency>
      <groupId>jstl</groupId>
      <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
      <version>1.2</version>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

(b)
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.bundles</groupId>
  <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
  <version>1.2_1</version>
  <scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>