Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2015/09/20 18:41:52 UTC

OpenSSL update

Hi;

I don't really have much time for this but it looked pretty easy so
I got started in the OpenSSL update.

http://people.apache.org/~pfg/patches/aoo-openssl-0.9.8zg.diff

I won't make any claims ... and I specifically didn't look at the ming
stuff.

Just something I thought people may want to look into before a release.

Pedro.

Re: OpenSSL update

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Kay Schenk wrote:
> Anyway, I will do this update on my system and we'll see what happens after
> that.

This can also be considered for 4.1.2, but in that case it would be
easier for everybody if after testing you open an issue and attach the
patch so that we can go through the usual process.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: OpenSSL update

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello Kay;
>
> The story behind the patch is that I was going to bring libressl but I
> noticed just updating OpenSSL was much simpler.
>
> I started a build with the patch but then I realized the patch is of no
> use in FreeBSD: FreeBSD (and likely all unixes) carries a newer
> version of openssl in the base system and it doesn’t make sense to
> consider anything else.
>
> The update is very likely to be important for Windows and OS2. I posted
> it only as reference: it should teach someone else what needs to be
> modified
> for similar updates.
>
> About the AOO bugzilla, I had very bad experience of spam/harassment and
> I was told (hi Rob!) the only way to get rid of it was to deactivate my
> email
> so I stopped using it altogether. Perhaps the project should move to JIRA
> but
> even so I just don’t want to be involved there anymore.

Ok on most of this and I can't imagine what your BZ problem is!

Anyway, I will do this update on my system and we'll see what happens after
that.
Thanks for sending it.

> Pedro.
>
> > Il giorno 20/set/2015, alle ore 11:41, Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>
> ha scritto:
> >
> > Hi;
> >
> > I don't really have much time for this but it looked pretty easy so
> > I got started in the OpenSSL update.
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~pfg/patches/aoo-openssl-0.9.8zg.diff
> >
> > I won't make any claims ... and I specifically didn't look at the mingw
> stuff.
> >
> > Just something I thought people may want to look into before a release.
> >
> > Pedro.

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
                                                          --Lao Tzu

Re: OpenSSL update

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hello Kay;

Re: OpenSSL update

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 20/09/2015 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>
>> I don't really have much time for this but it looked pretty easy so
>> I got started in the OpenSSL update.
>> http://people.apache.org/~pfg/patches/aoo-openssl-0.9.8zg.diff
>>

> I would like to give it a try, but it doesn't work for me.

​same here...I didn't find that this patch had been committed and tested on
trunk.
​

Re: OpenSSL update

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: OpenSSL update

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I don't really have much time for this but it looked pretty easy so
> I got started in the OpenSSL update.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pfg/patches/aoo-openssl-0.9.8zg.diff
>
> I won't make any claims ... and I specifically didn't look at the ming
> stuff.
>
> Just something I thought people may want to look into before a release.
>
> Pedro.

Thanks for looking into this. So, you built with the newer version on
FreeBSD?
It would be helpful if you could open an issue for this as an ENHANCEMENT
and submit a patch. Or maybe you did and some of us missed it? :/