Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by chevy <ch...@target.com> on 2016/08/02 12:17:40 UTC

Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Hi,

 We use openstack machines to deploy any app in remote. Generally I *ssh* to
the machine using a .pem file and its ip address which is assigned during
setting up that machine.

My query is that I need to start my node in this remote machine (I have
added its address into ipfinder list). Now for obvious reasons it asks me to
"make sure IP finder addresses are correct and firewalls are disabled on all
host machines". So, please suggest me the way to start node in this remote
machine with authentication using .pem file/ any other alternate approach.

 Also, I access data loaded to cache using rest-api. Does it support
https/http itself? If yes, please provide some sample implementation to use
rest-api securely.

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.
I have set up rest jetty config and other settings in my local. When I deploy
my code in a server I need to access that remote machine to start the node
in that machine through my code. To achieve this, can you provide me config
changes I need to make in my config files as well as my code that starts the
node.

  I do not want to ssh through my terminal and everything needs to be
programmatically driven just like how I do it from my local.

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.
Hi Val,

  I was able to fix SSL issue by adding key and certs into Java security
folder and using keystore file in config. But I am not able to get my remote
node join the cluster as it throws below error -

"[14:47:35,087][WARNING][main][TcpDiscoverySpi] Node has not been connected
to topology and will repeat join process. Check remote nodes logs for
possible error messages. Note that large topology may require significant
time to start. Increase 'TcpDiscoverySpi.networkTimeout' configuration
property if getting this message on the starting nodes
[networkTimeout=5000]"

I have checked if required ports are opened and increased
TcpDiscoverySpi.networkTimeout and verified. But issue still persists.

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vp...@gridgain.com>.
You can generate new certificate using keytool [1].

If you want to extract ssh certificate and insert it to JKS, look to the
article [2].

[1]
https://www.sslshopper.com/article-most-common-java-keytool-keystore-commands.html
[2]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31385944/how-to-add-ssh-identity-file-keypair-to-jks-keystore

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.

Posted by "Chetan.V.Yadav" <Ch...@target.com>.
That is the issue I am facing. I am not able to load my key in pem file to jks as it expects certificate along with it. Anyway I can get this working?
Chetan.

From: Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 4:28 PM
To: "user@ignite.apache.org<ma...@ignite.apache.org>" <us...@ignite.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

1) If your configuration is not contains IgniteConfiguration (not abstract) then ignite start will fail.

2) You must to put the key into JKS. I recommend use JAVA_HMOE/bin/keytool for creation JKS and generate key.
The links keyStoreFilePath, trustStoreFilePath must point to jks.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM, chevy <ch...@target.com>> wrote:
Let me add more clarity on current issue -

  1.  I have a question - How does (abstract=true) affect this config?
  2.  I want to connect node running in my local with the one running in my remote machine but the connection is secure. When I tried to create keystore file (to be used with SslContextFactory) using .pem file it was failing as there was no certificate available for it. pem file just contains auth details and no certs. So, can I use just .pem file to get connected to remote (like I do in terminal using command "ssh -i ~/.ssh/goku.pem ubuntu@ipAddress”) through my Java code?

Chetan.

From: "vdpyatkov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6789&i=0>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 3:03 PM
To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6789&i=1>>

Are you sure, which start Ignite with the configuration. The configuration contains only abstract Spring bean (abstract="true").

Please provide full configuration and log file (How are you start node in terminal? What are you seen in command line?).

About this:
Is this the right way to get nodes attached to cluster? If, yes I am not able to get that remote machine identified due to firewall issue. I use .pem file to ssh into that remote machine so it expects to be authenticated. How can I implement this process and get the remote node attached to the one I am running in my local?

Yea it is correct configuration IpFinder.
How do you relate discoverySPI with .pem file? You can use ssh for start remoute node only (or you can do it any other way on other machine). After nodes have been started, they will joining to cluster using discoverySPI[1] (over ports 7500..47509), further they will useing communicationSPI[2] for data processing.

If you want all data stream between nodes will by secure, you can use SslContextFactory [3]

[1] http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/cluster-config#static-ip-based-discovery
[2] http:/apacheignite.readme.io/docs/network-config#tcpcommunicationspi<http://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/network-config#tcpcommunicationspi>
[3] http://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/ssltls

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM, chevy <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6787&i=0>> wrote:
I have started node in my remote machine using below config -

<?xmlversion="1.0"encoding="UTF-8"?>

<beansxmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"

       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"

       xsi:schemaLocation="

        http://www.springframework.org/schema/util

        http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd">

<beanid="rest.cfg"class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.Co<http://apache.ignite.configuration.Co>nnectorConfiguration">

<propertyname="jettyPath"value="config/rest-jetty-config.xml"/>

</bean>

    <beanabstract="true"id="ignite.cfg"class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">

<propertyname="connectorConfiguration"ref="rest.cfg"/>

        <!-- Explicitly configure TCP discovery SPI to provide list of initial nodes. -->

        <propertyname="discoverySpi">

            <beanclass="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">

                <property name="ipFinder">

                    <beanclass="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">

                        <property name="addresses">

                            <list>

                                <value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>

                            </list>

                        </property>

                    </bean>

                </property>

            </bean>

        </property>

    </bean>

</beans>

------------------------------

And I am using same config to run my code which loads data to cache except I am adding IP address of my remote node where I have started it externally as shown below -

<beanclass="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">

        <property name="addresses">

                   <list>

                       <value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>

<value>10.63.78.112:47500<http://10.63.78.112:47500>..47509</value>

                   </list>

          </property>

</bean>

From: "vdpyatkov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6777&i=0>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:33 AM
To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6777&i=1>>

Hello,

I don't think, which it is OS issue.
Difficult understand to me where are you problem, without any demonstration.

Can you please provide code example or full configuration file and logs from cluster nodes?

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 8:14 PM, chevy <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6775&i=0>> wrote:
So, what do you think that is going wrong. Should I change from Ubuntu to
something else or config?

Also, can I use just .pem file and implement SSLContextFactory to connect to
remote server?

Vladislav Pyatkov

________________________________

Vladislav Pyatkov

________________________________

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> So, what do you think that is going wrong. Should I change from Ubuntu to
>>> something else or config?
>>>
>>> Also, can I use just .pem file and implement SSLContextFactory to
>>> connect to
>>> remote server?
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Vladislav Pyatkov

>> authentication, click here.
>> NAML
>> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

From: "vdpyatkov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <ml...@n6.nabble.com>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 3:03 PM
To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <Ch...@target.com>>

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM, chevy <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6787&i=0>> wrote:
I have started node in my remote machine using below config -

<?xmlversion="1.0"encoding="UTF-8"?>

<beansxmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"

       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"

       xsi:schemaLocation="

        http://www.springframework.org/schema/util

        http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd">

<beanid="rest.cfg"class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.ConnectorConfiguration">

From: "vdpyatkov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6777&i=0>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:33 AM
To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <[hidden email]<http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6777&i=1>>

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Start-node-in-remote-server-which-needs-authentication-tp6668p6787.html

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM, chevy <ch...@target.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Regards,
> Chetan.
>
> From: "vdpyatkov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <[hidden email]
> Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:33 AM
> To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <[hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication
>
> Hello,
>
> I don't think, which it is OS issue.
> Difficult understand to me where are you problem, without any
> demonstration.
>
> Can you please provide code example or full configuration file and logs
> from cluster nodes?
>
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 8:14 PM, chevy <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6775&i=0>> wrote:
>
>> So, what do you think that is going wrong. Should I change from Ubuntu to
>> something else or config?
>>
>> Also, can I use just .pem file and implement SSLContextFactory to connect

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

From: "vdpyatkov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <ml...@n6.nabble.com>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:33 AM
To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <Ch...@target.com>>

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Start-node-in-remote-server-which-needs-authentication-tp6668p6775.html

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 8:14 PM, chevy <ch...@target.com> wrote:

> So, what do you think that is going wrong. Should I change from Ubuntu to
> something else or config?
>
> Also, can I use just .pem file and implement SSLContextFactory to connect
> remote server?

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
The row is not necessary
<value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>
but in general it is right.
Also, I stronly recoment using TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder instead of
TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder, because multicast is often be disabled  on
practice.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 4:07 PM, chevy <ch...@target.com> wrote:

> 1. I have done both of those steps.
> 2. Also, please look into below config. Is this the right way to add remote
> machines which forms cluster?
>
>       <bean
> class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.
> TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder">
>               <property name="addresses">
>                       <list>
>                            <value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>
>                            <value>10.63.78.112:47500..47509</value>
>                        </list>
>               </property>
>        </bean>

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.
1. I have done both of those steps.
2. Also, please look into below config. Is this the right way to add remote
machines which forms cluster?

      <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder">

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

1) You need to configure DiscoverySPI. Look here [1]

2) Please set IGNITE_HOME where *Ignite* will be unpacked.

[1]: http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/cluster-config

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 3:28 PM, chevy <ch...@target.com> wrote:

> What are the things I need to include that will make nodes in different
> remote machines join the same cluster.
>
> Also, I am getting below error when I try to start Ignite node in ubuntu
> server. I have set both JAVA_HOME and IGNITE_HOME in /etc/environment. I am
> able to start in my local MAC machine with the config I have used.
>
> bin/ignite.sh: 36: bin/ignite.sh: source: not found
> bin/ignite.sh: 41: bin/ignite.sh: checkJava: not found
> bin/ignite.sh: 46: bin/ignite.sh: setIgniteHome: not found
> bin/ignite.sh: 48: [: unexpected operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
> /opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/ignite-indexing:
> unexpected
> operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
> /opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/ignite-spring: unexpected
> operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
> /opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/licenses: unexpected
> operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
> /opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/optional: unexpected
> operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 74: [: unexpected operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 64: bin/ignite.sh: : Permission denied
> bin/ignite.sh: 76: [: 0: unexpected operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 83: [: unexpected operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 93: bin/ignite.sh: [[: not found
> bin/ignite.sh: 147: [: 0: unexpected operator
> bin/ignite.sh: 168: bin/ignite.sh: : Permission denied

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

1) Yes you need to start remote node with similar configuration. You can
write on .sh script, which starts local and remote node simultaneously.
After that nodes join to one cluster (at matching DiscoverySPI
configuration).

2) Yes, data of cache distribute over cluster node automaticly.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:32 PM, chevy <ch...@target.com> wrote:

> One more point to add -
>
> Consider this scenario: my code is running in one machine with config file
> set with all remote addresses that has to start nodes.
>
> 1. Should I externally start ignite node in each of these remote machines?
> 2. If yes, will the data be replicated automatically in these nodes as soon
> as I start it?

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can use ssh and run ignite.sh script on a remote machine to start a
node. Is that what you're looking for?

REST support HTTPS. You can configure the underlying Jetty server in any way
you like by providing the path to a configuration file:

<property name="connectorConfiguration">
    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.ConnectorConfiguration">
        <property name="jettyPath" value="/path/to/jetty.xml"/>
    </bean>
</property>

See this page for Jetty SSL-related documentation:
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/configuring-ssl.html

-Val