Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Scott Zhong <sc...@roguewave.com> on 2007/04/01 06:42:11 UTC

RE: strange characters in test output on gnome-terminal

I am seeing these characters using gnome on opensuse.

Yu (Scott) Zhong

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Btw., I should add that rxvt as well as xterm (and aterm) all
seem to work fine and display colors correctly. They're also
*A LOT* smaller than gnome-terminal, both in terms of the
size of the executable as well as in terms of the amount of
memory they consume when running :) That, of course, doesn't
mean that our test driver shouldn't work correctly under Gnome.

Martin

Posted by Mark Brown <mb...@inbox.com>.

Mine is 2.16.0. It displays ls colors with no problems, it only has trouble with the output of the tests, not just in the final table but in all output as well. For instance:

$ ./23.list.assign
# ?[30;mINFO (S1) (10 lines):
# TEXT:
# COMPILER: gcc 4.1.1, __VERSION__ = "4.1.1 20061011 (Red Hat 4.1.1-30)"
# ENVIRONMENT: amd64/LP64 running linux-elf (unknown release) with glibc 2.5
# FILE: 23.list.assign.cpp
# COMPILED: Apr  3 2007, 13:19:41
# COMMENT:

# CLAUSE: lib.list.assign

# ?[30;mINFO (S1) (3 lines):
# TEXT: std::list<UserPOD>::assign(size_type, const_reference)
# CLAUSE: lib.list.assign

-- Mark

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.