Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Antonio David Pérez Morales <ad...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/31 10:33:14 UTC

ApacheCon Europe 2016 Seville

Hi Karl and Manifold community

I have been talking with Rafa about submitting a proposal for ApacheCon
about Manifold project.
The proposal can be addressed as a presentation of the project
(architecture, last updates, use cases, etc) or also as tutorial, where
Manifold can be presented in a different way showing its capabilities on
live and present a specific use case during the tutorial.

Submit a proposal does not mean it will be accepted but since this year
ApacheCon Europe is held in Seville (the city where we live) , we think
it's a good opportunity to introduce Manifold in Seville's Apache community.

First of all, I would like to ask if you think this is a good idea. And if
case you think yes, do you have any materials of previous presentations of
ManifoldCF we could use in order to prepare the proposal?

Any comment is more than welcome.

Regards

Re: ApacheCon Europe 2016 Seville

Posted by Antonio David Pérez Morales <ad...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I was thinking the same. So prepare a proposal for a presentation will
be better in order to attract people who are not aware of Manifold to our
community.

I will try to prepare the proposal during the weekend. I'll keep you posted

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
As you probably know, a tutorial will require more work and original
materials and planning on your part, and will also require some
understanding of the goals of your likely audience.  A presentation is the
most straightforward and is usually meant for people who are not familiar
with the project and want to get an idea what it's all about.

It's up to you how you want to proceed...

Karl

Posted by Antonio David Pérez Morales <ad...@gmail.com>.
Perfect

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.