Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com> on 2013/08/20 23:39:26 UTC

Last time request for cwiki update privileges

Hey guys

I can only think of two reasons for my request is not yet accepted

1. The admins don't want to give me access

2. The admins have not seen my mail yet.

This is the fourth and the LAST time I am requesting permission to edit wiki docs…Nobody likes being ignored and that includes me.

Meanwhile to show my thankfulness to the Hive community I shall continue to answer questions .There will be no change in that behavior

Regards

sanjay

From: Sanjay Subramanian <sa...@wizecommerce.com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:52 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Cc: "dev@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <de...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Review Request (wikidoc): LZO Compression in Hive

Once again, I am down on my knees humbling calling upon the Hive Jedi Masters to please provide this paadwaan  with cwiki update privileges

May the Force be with u

Thanks

sanjay

From: Sanjay Subramanian <sa...@wizecommerce.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:38 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Cc: "dev@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <de...@hive.apache.org>>

Hi guys

Any chance I could get cwiki update privileges today ?

Thanks

sanjay

From: Sanjay Subramanian <sa...@wizecommerce.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:26 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Cc: "dev@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <de...@hive.apache.org>>

Hi

Met with Lefty this afternoon and she was kind to spend time to add my documentation to the site - since I still don't have editing privileges :-)

Please review the new wikidoc about LZO compression in the Hive language manual.  If anything is unclear or needs more information, you can email suggestions to this list or edit the wiki yourself (if you have editing privileges).  Here are the links:

  1.  Language Manual<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual> (new bullet under File Formats)
  2.  LZO Compression<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+LZO>
  3.  CREATE TABLE<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-CreateTable> (near end of section, pasted in here:)
Use STORED AS TEXTFILE if the data needs to be stored as plain text files. Use STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE if the data needs to be compressed. Please read more about CompressedStorage<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/CompressedStorage> if you are planning to keep data compressed in your Hive tables. Use INPUTFORMAT and OUTPUTFORMAT to specify the name of a corresponding InputFormat and OutputFormat class as a string literal, e.g., 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.fileformat.base64.Base64TextInputFormat'. For LZO compression, the values to use are 'INPUTFORMAT "com.hadoop.mapred.DeprecatedLzoTextInputFormat" OUTPUTFORMAT "org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat"' (see LZO Compression<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+LZO>).

My cwiki id is
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~sanjaysubramanian@yahoo.com
It will be great if I could get edit privileges

Thanks
sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================

Re: Last time request for cwiki update privileges

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <as...@gmail.com>.
Not able to find this id in cwiki. Did you create an account on
cwiki.apache.org

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
mantonov

2013/8/21 Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>

> Hey Mikhail,
>
> Sure. Whats ur cwiki id?
>
> Thanks,
> Ashutosh
>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Can I also get the edit privilege for wiki please?
>>
>> I'd like to add some details about LDAP authentication..
>>
>> Mikhail
>>

>> 2013/8/21 Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Sanjay gets some love after all! :)

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Michael Antonov

Michael Antonov

Re: Last time request for cwiki update privileges

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
mantonov

2013/8/21 Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>

> Hey Mikhail,
>
> Sure. Whats ur cwiki id?
>
> Thanks,
> Ashutosh
>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Can I also get the edit privilege for wiki please?
>>
>> I'd like to add some details about LDAP authentication..
>>
>> Mikhail
>>

>> 2013/8/21 Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Sanjay gets some love after all! :)

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Michael Antonov

Michael Antonov

Re: Last time request for cwiki update privileges

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Hey Mikhail,

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Hey Mikhail,

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Sanjay,

There are lots of emails on hive forum and individual mails may have been
lost.

can you try reaching one of the hive PMC member (Or Lefty from Hortonworks)

Thanks,
Nitin

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Sanjay Subramanian <
> [...]

> ======================
> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to
> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> ======================
> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to
> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Nitin Pawar

Re: Last time request for cwiki update privileges

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi Sanjay,

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi Sanjay,