Posted to gui-dev@apache.org by Rich Roth <ri...@on-the-net.com> on 1998/10/20 03:55:11 UTC

Re: your mail

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 jbnivoit@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> > at the problem.  Part of what I am doing for the ApacheCon paper is a
> > summary of all the ideas, approaches and tradeoffs in attacking the
> > problem.  I will post details (as I write them) for comment.
> May I ask who's going to ApacheCon ? And who's presenting papers?

I do think you need to check your calendar and the dates on the messages -
the conf was last week.  You can find a full summary of the conf on the
http://www.apachecon.com web site.

I will be writing up a full report on the gui presentations and other
developments from the conference.

> I also thought of something like maybe a module to talk to from a config
> tool that would allow of changing the configuration of a *running* web
> server, although that is much less trivial to implement and would
> require to specify precisely the protocol used..

This is part of a much larger discussion about separating the gui from a
server backend -- but details in my write-up and then we have LOTS of work
to do <g>

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 jbnivoit@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> > What I would like is to stir the pot by pointing you at my first draft of
> > slides for the talk:
> >             http://gui.apache.org/apachecon-slides/
>
> I get a 404 on this...

Don't know when you tried it - works fine for me.

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 jbnivoit@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> If i am lucky and get some time this week-end, i might be able to
> provide a partially functionning very alpha version of my program. Can't
> promise anything, though. I'll keep you posted, probably by sunday.

It will go up whenever you are done.

Later ...

Rich Roth --- On-the-Net

Direct:	 Box 927, Northampton, MA 01061, Voice: 413-586-9668

Email: rich@on-the-net.com                    Url: http://east.on-the-net.com
      ~~~   i-Depth lets you Add Instant Depth to your Website    ~~~
      ~~~  7 day free trial at: http://www.i-depth.com/signup.htm ~~~

Re: TkApache & Show Slides

Posted by Michael Holve <mi...@eunuchs.org>.
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Rich Roth wrote:

> Those are not the final slides - I have not put the ones I used up.

   Ahhh, okay...  Whew!  :)

> Those are currect as of the day before the demo - so, in fact, I gave you
> advance credit when I made the presentation.

   Makse sense...  Thanks.

()()   Michael Holve - Web/Tech Admin              Cablevision New Media
(oo)   mailto:mike@eunuchs.org                http://www.cablevision.com
=<>=   http://eunuchs.org       ICQ 17510467       Phone: (516) 622-5551
"I almost had a psychic girlfriend once.   She left me before we met..."

Re: TkApache & Show Slides

Posted by Rich Roth <ri...@on-the-net.com>.

TkApache & Show Slides

Posted by Michael Holve <mi...@eunuchs.org>.

Re: your mail

Posted by Michael Holve <mi...@eunuchs.org>.
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Rich Roth wrote:

> It will be updated sometime this week - Live with it until then -
> Esp since you've had a 'coming soon' up for months !

   Hehhe.  Good point.  ;>

Re: your mail

Posted by Rich Roth <ri...@on-the-net.com>.

Re: your mail