Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2001/10/15 02:33:45 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Tomcat 4.0.1

The first maintnance release to Tomcat 4.0 is now available.
Please read the "RELEASE-NOTES-4.0.1.txt" file in the top level directory
of the distribution for the latest information on recent changes and known
issues.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This release include security fixes when running Tomcat 4.0
under a security manager. The CGI and SSI servlets, as well as the manager
servlet could be exploited by a web application to get around the security
constraints, and run arbitrary code on the server.

This release also includes:
- AJP 1.3 support
- Fixes for the class loading problems which have been reported
- Specification compliance fixes
- Many other bug fixes and small enhancements

Documentation is available online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/

Binary distributions of Apache Tomcat 4.0.1 are available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/

Source distributions of Apache Tomcat 4.0.1 are available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/src/

Note: An update to mod_webapp will be made available independently later
next week.

Remy Maucherat

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Tomcat 4.0.1

Posted by Kazuhiro Kazama <ka...@ingrid.org>.
Remy or other committers,

A source downloads page on the Jakarta web site isn't updated and it
still points to Tomcat 4.0.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.html

Would you update this web page?

Kazuhiro Kazama (kazama@ingrid.org)	NTT Network Innovation Laboratories

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Tomcat 4.0.1

Posted by Gregor Kovaè <gr...@mikropis.si>.
Hi!

Yes, I do believe this kind of installation is the easiest and I do try to
install most of my software like this.
I don't want any setups, RPMs, .... to put files where I cannot find them :)

Best regards,
         Kovi

Posted by "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <se...@clients.ie>.
> When could we expect (S)RPMs?
BTW, Tomcat 4.0 RPMs did not contain providerutil.jar (so LDAP was
unusable). Could you please fix it in 4.0.1 RPMs?

Regards,

Sergey

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Tomcat 4.0.1

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Peter Mutsaers wrote:

> What in the world do you need RPM's for?!?

RPMS enforce the "correct" way of doing things, which means that in six
months time when another admin takes over the machine they're not going
to find any surprises.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Tomcat 4.0.1

Posted by Peter Mutsaers <pe...@mutsaers.com>.

Posted by "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <se...@clients.ie>.
When could we expect (S)RPMs?
Also, what are these "class loading problems". Are there full Release
Notes online?

Regards,

Sergey