Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Paul Bone <pb...@csse.unimelb.edu.au> on 2008/07/09 03:48:01 UTC

Python script to configure cluster.

Hi.

I've developed a python script to help setup and configure a Hadoop
cluster.  If this is useful to anyone else please feel free to
use/modify it (GPL applies).  Please consider distributing it with
Hadoop if you think doing so is valuable.

Thanks.

Re: Python script to configure cluster.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Jul 8, 2008, at 6:48 PM, Paul Bone wrote:

> I've developed a python script to help setup and configure a Hadoop
> cluster.  If this is useful to anyone else please feel free to
> use/modify it (GPL applies).  Please consider distributing it with
> Hadoop if you think doing so is valuable.

Since the FSF considers the Apache license incompatible with the GPL
and LGPL, we can't distribute anything that is GPL'ed with Hadoop. If
you decide to license it and others find it useful, then it can be
included.

-- Owen