Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com> on 2013/08/14 06:35:46 UTC

Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

Hi,

I have to run some analytics on the files present in HDFS using a MATLAB code. I am thinking of compiling the MATLAB code into a C++ library and calling it in map reduce code. How can I implement this? I read Hadoop streaming or Hadoop pipes can be used for this. But I have not tried it on my own. Please share your valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Anand.C

RE: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

Posted by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com>.
Thanks for all the suggestion. I will explore more and raise specific questions if needed.

Regards,
Anand.C

To add to that, if you want to take advantage of MapReduce, e.g. you need to do a distributed grouping or sort, pipes or streaming would be the way to go.  If you're mainly interested in running your code in parallel on a cluster, distributed shell, a YARN application outside of MapReduce, could be a simpler way to accomplish this.

-Sandy

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
Can you take a look at distributed shell example? It will be helpful.

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
Hortonworks Inc.<http://www.hortonworks.com>

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan <An...@honeywell.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I have to run some analytics on the files present in HDFS using a MATLAB code. I am thinking of compiling the MATLAB code into a C++ library and calling it in map reduce code. How can I implement this? I read Hadoop streaming or Hadoop pipes can be used for this. But I have not tried it on my own. Please share your valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Anand.C

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

Posted by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com>.

Posted by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com>.

Posted by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE