Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/02 22:27:29 UTC

Re: What are blog URL handles and how are they registered in Struts

On Jan 29, 2008 2:52 AM, poojalakhani <po...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie to this software..
>
> While creating a new blog, I am asked for the handle. Can you tell me what
> those handles are and the code for that..I wanted to know where are they
> registered...Plz send me any other links which can clearify me on URL
> handle..

A blog "handle" is the simple one-word name that is used to identify a blog.

The blog handle of a blog appears in the blogs URI, for example:

   http://example.com/roller/davesblog

In that example 'davesblog' is the handle of the blog.

- Dave