Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rama <ra...@sify.com> on 2002/06/10 11:54:46 UTC

How to place HTML files in different directory apart from Tomcat root for Apache-Tomcat 4.0.3

Hi!!,

I am using Linux OS for the Apache TOMCAT 4.0.3 configuration. I am using webapp_module(ie warpconnector
and not APJ13 connecter) for connecting between apache web server and Tomcat Servlet engine.
I have 2 problems:

1. My problem is After the connection is established between apache web server and Tomcat i am not able
to access the html files from the url http://serveripadrress/myhtml/myhtml.html. These html files are under /htdocs/myhtml dir of apache.

But when i kept these html files  along with jsp files under TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myhtml/all the htmlfiles,
then i am able to access these Html files from the above url.
I think the html request apache receives is sent to tomcat immdtly so it doesn't look into /htdocs dir
of apache.

So i want to know how to place these html files(also image files) in different directory apart from the Tomcat webapps
dir TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myhtml/all htmlfiles.
I tried using alias in httpd.conf file in apache. but it didn't work.
Alias /myhtml/ "/home/myhtml/"
I tried to change the DocumentRoot of apache to "/home/myhtml/" even then i am not able to access these
html files present in the /home/myhtml/ directory.

2. Similarly i want to place all my jsp files in separate directory(eg: home/myjsps) other than under /webapps/myjsp files directory.

So please tell me how to come out of this problem.
Tell me what lines to be changed in the httpd.conf file of apache and server.xml of tomcat4.0.3
ps: I am able to access all the jsp and html files, if i kept them under TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myjsp directory.

Urgent...

Thanks in advance

with regds,
Rama