Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "B. Burke" <bc...@mindspring.com> on 2000/12/13 16:44:15 UTC

help with custom Error documents/redirection

I'm looking to implement custom error handling, and I'm hitting a snag.
I'm hoping to do something like on pg.168 of the Eagle book, where you
have a handler and user $r->prev to get the original request.

I'm wanting to redirect to 1 of 2 pages, depending on what the
requested page was.  I plan on using $r->custom_response to do the
redirection (as shown on pg. 170 of the Eagle bk).

The problem I'm having is that $r->prev doesn't seem to be getting
the request.  I setup a <Location> for the handler, and setup an
ErrorDocument to point to the Location.  It works, except that I can't
seem to get $r->prev to tell me what the request was.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian B.