Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by onders <on...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/28 11:13:42 UTC

help about camel-package-maven-plugin

Hi,

I am trying to build on my box using eclipse,
i cloned source from github and imported projects as described as "Import
Maven Projects" in http://camel.apache.org/building.html.

in lots of components i can see the maven error below:

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.camel:camel-package-maven-plugin:2.17.3-SNAPSHOT:prepare-components
(execution: prepare, phase: generate-resources)

then when i try to build camel-package-maven-plugin, i see the error;

Non-resolvable import POM: Failure to find
org.apache.camel:tooling-parent:pom:2.17.3-SNAPSHOT in <company_repo_url>
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of archiva_internal has elapsed or updates are forced @
line 34, column 19

Is there anyone facing the same issue and get over it?

Thanks

Re: help about camel-package-maven-plugin

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
A good idea is to not load all the Camel source code (as there is too
much) but open the component(s) you are working on.

Your Eclipse problem is of a general problem you can maybe find help
on the internet how to setup Eclipse with Java and the tools.jar.

The camel-etcd component do NOT use the maven-antrun-plugin which is
the error you have, so it smells like a Eclipse issue.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 12:31 PM, onders
<on...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks. it seems working when trying to build 2.17.X
> however, i did upgrade my java version to 1.8.0_102.
> then now upgraded my git clone to master and tried rebuilding the source
>
> now the error is like my tools.jar file is missing;
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:
> run (setup.workspace) on project camel-etc: Execution setup.workspace of
> goal or
> g.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run failed: Plugin
> org.apache.mav
> en.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6 or one of its dependencies could not be
> resol
> ved: Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.5.0 at specified path
> D:\PFs\ja
> va\jdk1.8.0_102/../lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]
>
> anyone had such issue with java 8 tools.jar file?
>
> Thanks

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: help about camel-package-maven-plugin

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Do a quick build of all the source first from command line to have all
the SNAPSHOT jars built locally.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:13 PM, onders <on...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build on my box using eclipse,
> i cloned source from github and imported projects as described as "Import
> Maven Projects" in http://camel.apache.org/building.html.
>
> in lots of components i can see the maven error below:
>
> Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
> org.apache.camel:camel-package-maven-plugin:2.17.3-SNAPSHOT:prepare-components
> (execution: prepare, phase: generate-resources)
>
> then when i try to build camel-package-maven-plugin, i see the error;
>
> Non-resolvable import POM: Failure to find
> org.apache.camel:tooling-parent:pom:2.17.3-SNAPSHOT in <company_repo_url>
> was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
> the update interval of archiva_internal has elapsed or updates are forced @
> line 34, column 19
>
> Is there anyone facing the same issue and get over it?
>
> Thanks

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus