Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/20 12:13:49 UTC

Separate convenience binaries

Hi all,

Could we consider producing separate convenience binaries, as before, i.e.,
‘all’, ‘java’, and ‘web’ (with web being php and html5).

Once Java/Jakarta EE is included, we’d have another one (called jakarta,
maybe), and another fir C/C++.

And only ‘all’ would include ergonomics.

I’ve seen questions around for this already and that will only increase.

Gj

Re: Separate convenience binaries

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
Dne neděle 20. ledna 2019 13:13:49 CET, Geertjan Wielenga napsal(a):
> And only ‘all’ would include ergonomics.

Reconsider:

Java benefits from ergonomics to download nbjavac. So does webcommon right
now.
-jt

Re: Separate convenience binaries

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Well, my starting point here is PHP/HTML5 users -- I've seen some requests,
and can imagine more, from these kinds of developers who want an IDE that
contains no projects or anything at all that relate to Java. All they want
to see is wizards, dialogs, etc, that relate to frontend development.

And, ultimately, we could think about an ultra light editor simply for
JavaScript and HTML and CSS, which could of course be extended, but
essentially as a way to provide an alternative editor to Sublime, Atom, etc.

These are two separate points, though.

Gj

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Sven

Am So., 20. Jan. 2019, 13:13 hat Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> geschrieben:

Posted by Vincenzo Luongo <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1