Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/04/22 11:19:31 UTC

Re: SourceResolve package does not compile

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:20, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with a fresh checkout of excalibur the sourceresolve package
> does not compile - it seams that nothing happens at all
> to this package.
>
> Can anyone give me a clue why this is so?

you had a stray , sitting there. Now you should be able to compile it.

BTW can I delete the tree in all/ ?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: SourceResolve package does not compile

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:19, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:20, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > with a fresh checkout of excalibur the sourceresolve package
> > does not compile - it seams that nothing happens at all
> > to this package.
> >
> > Can anyone give me a clue why this is so?
>
> you had a stray , sitting there. Now you should be able to compile it.
>
> BTW can I delete the tree in all/ ?

oops you were too fast for me ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

RE: SourceResolve package does not compile

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> SourceResolver.resolveURI() can throw a ComponentException - would it be
> possible to change this to a SourceException so as to extract some
> dependencies from framework jar.

Hmm, I personally don't like creating new exception types, so the intension
here was to use an already existing one. I'm not against changing this,
but I see not the benefit as we have already other dependencies to the
framework.jar like ThreadSafe or something like that.

> Can we also make SourceResolver (and SourceFactory) not extend
> Component now
> or is Cocoon still relying on this in some way (and if it is is there
> something I can do to change this? ') ).

Hmm again, I see no problem in changing this, we simply have to declare
the interface in the Implementation then and everything should work fine.

Carsten

Re: SourceResolve package does not compile

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Done, sorry I like deleting, so I had to do it myself ... :)

Now, the problem was that the build.xml in the main directory didn't
have a reference to the sourceresolve package.

Carsten