Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/22 17:55:59 UTC

T5: resources unavailable from JAR lib

Part of my application compiles into JAR, which contains pages,
components, dao services, CSS, javascript and images. When I deploy
that JAR, pages, components and DAO's (my custom services) load just
fine, but none of the CSS, JS or images load. The setup is as follows:

JAR
 |_ com.foo.bar
 |_ META-INF (manifest with Tapestry-Module-Classes inside)
 |_ resources\
     |_ images\
     |_ css\
     |_ js\

When I use a resource in *.tml I refer to it as so (for example, css):

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css"
href="${asset:classpath:resources/css/layout.css}" />

This works without problems when the code is not JARred (runs as a web
with its own web.xml). However, when I JAR it and deploy it as
sub-app, then all styles, javascript and graphics are gone. According
to the logs, the path is:

localhost/assets/resources/...

What can I be doing wrong?

Re: T5: resources unavailable from JAR lib

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
Or you could contribute it with both "after:Asset" and
"before:PageRender" - that way you're sure it goes where you want it.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
> This setup has some "unusual" artifacts. The main one being that root
> of the package hierarchy is always shared by workbench and the apps
> (it must be, as afterall at deploy time it's a single app). So
> programmer has com.foo.bar, and workbench.jar also has com.foo.bar.

This shouldn't be a  problem, you can have many jars that have the
same package hierarchy without an issue.

Are you changing anything other than jar/not jar to recreate the
problem? For instance, is it a different machine, different
installation of the container?

The fact that tapestry assets don't work seems to be saying that
something else is going on.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.

Posted by José Paumard <Jo...@orange.fr>.
Hello,

I'm trying to get a contributed data analyzer to work. Basically, the
new data type is mapped in several textfields. The component works ok,
setting it up as a data analyzer contribution was almost ok (the doc
could be better on that point, there are some missing details), and it
displays correctly in a beaneditor.

Now my last problem is how to get the data from this component to my
page (or enclosing form component).

I tried this :
AppPropertyEditBlocks.tml :
<t:block t:id="myDataAnalyzer">
  <t:myDataEditor t:value="context.propertyValue"/>
<t:/>

With this in the corresponding class :
@Environmental
private PropertyEditContext context ;

public PropertyEditContext getContext() {
  return context;
}

The parameter "value" is mapped to a r/w property in the MyDataEditor
class, but it seems the setter is never called, and the field stays null.

Any help or hint would be most welcomed !

JP

Re: T5: resources unavailable from JAR lib

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com>.