Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Rian Schmidt <ri...@finebrand.com> on 2001/05/08 22:41:47 UTC

Velocity under Resin and Windows 2000

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can clue me into any tricks required to get
Velocity (1.0.1) to locate a template under Windows (using Resin)?  I'm
trying to specify an absolute path so that I can place the webapp outside
the Resin directory.

I've tried setting the file.resource.loader.path in both the servlet and the
velocity.properties file, and I've tried 324 variations on
c:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot... and \inetpub\wwwroot... and so on... all with no
joy.  There are several references on the mailing list and docs to the
"current directory" when the loader path uses a '.' but I don't see how that
is specifically determined.  So a couple questions:

1) Can someone recommend a fairly fool-proof way to specify the template
path under Windows?

2) How is the "current directory" from which relative paths can be specified
as far as Velocity is concerned?

Thanks,
Rian

--
Rian Schmidt
rian@finebrand.com

RE: Velocity under Resin and Windows 2000

Posted by David Esposito <es...@newnetco.com>.
You've tried using front slashes instead of backslashes too? ... I got stuck
on that one for a while too .. ;)