Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oscar Schoof <os...@omegam.nl> on 2002/08/16 13:23:48 UTC

fop-versions and widow/orphans

Hi group,

from one of the posts here i got the suggestion to have a look at the
ZVON site.
I searched for some examples using widows/orphans (to protect tables for
getting divided on two pages) and found this example:
http://www.zvon.org/HowTo/Output/FOP0.18.1_examples_widowsorphans.php?el=table

Now i notice this is an 0.18.1 fop example, but i tried it anyhow with
my 0.20.3 version. To my surprise i get several error-messages. After
solving the master-reference problem the fo is parsed till the end, but
still some warnings are there about table-layout properties.

My question is: what kind of errors/warning are these? Is 0.20.3 stable
and to be trusted? Should i use 0.18.1? Are there other versions coming
up?
And/or, using 0.20.3: can i get the widow/orphan properties working?

Oscar

By the way, it's nice that a site like ZVON has an example repository.
Are there other repositories around, having 0.20.3 examples?