Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by HARRY APPLEBY JR <ha...@sbcglobal.net> on 2022/12/30 17:57:40 UTC

Back Up

Is my document automatically backed up?
How do I access it?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Back Up

Posted by Girvin Herr <gh...@fastmail.com>.
Harry,

Maybe. Check Tools -> Options -> Load/Save "Always create backup copy".

You might also consider "Save AutoRecovery information every"... on the
same dialog and select a time. The periodic autorecovery saving can be
annoying, but it is better than losing data and time.

Note the backup copy is only created when the file is closed, and if
"Save"d without closing, the old last-saved version is backed up. So it
has limits.

There is a way to specify where the backup file is saved:

Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice -> Paths
You can edit the "Backups" path to where you would prefer to store such
backups.

If you need to recover the backup file, you should copy it from the
backup directory (to prevent inadvertent over-writing) and change its
".bak" suffix to the proper ".od?" suffix before opening it in OpenOffice.

HTH.

Girvin