Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2011/12/23 13:17:20 UTC

What about the public HTML-docs of UNO classes rooted in "http://api.openoffice.org/..." ?

Just a quick question: will the "http://api.openoffice.org/..."-links like e.g.
"http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/embed/Storage.html" and the like keep on
working? (These are the Javadoc-like HTML-based documentations of all the UNO classes, which is very
helpful and important.)

If the URL changes, what would be the new URL one should use in the future? In this case, what
timeframe exists to do a changeover?

---rony

What about the public HTML-docs of UNO classes rooted in "http://api.openoffice.org/..." ?

Re: What about the public HTML-docs of UNO classes rooted in "http://api.openoffice.org/..." ?

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2011 schrieb TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>:
> On 12/23/2011 10:02, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 23, 2011, at 4:17 AM, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
>>
>>> Just a quick question: will the "http://api.openoffice.org/..."-links
like e.g.
>>> "

http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/embed/Storage.htm

>> Either will work. The discussion has been that release for the api will
remain on www.openoffice.org while eventually the api docs for the trunk
will be on on the project site.

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

> Very good to know. The wiki (Developers' Guide, Basic Guide) has a /lot/
of links like that.

The Cross references between the DevGuide and the IDL reference was a major
feature and we have introduced different tags that result in different
links back to the docu from the generated reference. I can explain this
later in detail ...

But so far O never found the time to finished my work on a wiki bot. The
bot should collect the tags from the related DevGuide pages a
D should create an input file for the autofocus tool which generates the
docu.

There is still some work to do....

Juergen

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

Re: Just a minor remark: codesnippet pages look a little bit strange

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Dave,

On 02.01.2012 18:39, Dave Fisher wrote:
> It is not hosted at Oracle, and has not been migrated.
>
> The site is powered by Apache AxKit and BestSolutions@
>
> Nslookup yields:
>
> codesnippets.services.openoffice.org	canonical name = ancamna.bestsolution.at.
> Name:	ancamna.bestsolution.at
> Address: 94.198.139.11
>
> Another job for the PPMC, Infrastructure, and/or Trademarks - make contact with bestsolutions @
contact in this case would probably be "Tom.Schindl-a-t-bestsolution.at", who has been also very
active in the Eclipse project AFAIK.

Regards,

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Rory,

Thanks for bringing this up. There are issues to address.

On Jan 2, 2012, at 9:11 AM, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) wrote:

> Going to <http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/index.xml> displays the Codensippet homepage
> successfully.
>
> However it looks a little bit strange from its layout, due to the list on the top left which
> probably should be layed out in a single row.

There are branding issues on the page as well.

> It is great that the codesnippets have made it through !

It is not hosted at Oracle, and has not been migrated.

The site is powered by Apache AxKit and BestSolutions@

Nslookup yields:

codesnippets.services.openoffice.org	canonical name = ancamna.bestsolution.at.
Name:	ancamna.bestsolution.at
Address: 94.198.139.11

Another job for the PPMC, Infrastructure, and/or Trademarks - make contact with bestsolutions @

> *Great job* and thanks for all the efforts!

You are very welcome! It's my pleasure.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.