Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ankush chadha <an...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/12 16:27:03 UTC

svnsync error : Error while replaying commit

Hi All

I am encountering this svnsync error while mirroring my repository.

The target svn binaries point to 1.6.6 version(windows). I also tried running
the svnsync command using 1.6.16 libraries but still getting the same error. The
source repository is hosted by svn server with 1.6.6 binaries (windows).

The revision that it is trying to sync is just a copy/branch operation of a
small folder (<2mb). The folder just contains text files and no binaries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ankush

Re: svnsync error : Error while replaying commit

Posted by ankush chadha <an...@yahoo.com>.
Can you check the nature of the revision that is causing the svnsync to fail?

Make sure that there is enough disk space and you are able to connect to the
main SVN repository. Make sure that there are no issues with the permissions (I
will have to write a testcase to verify the same)

Worst case is that you have to initiate another mirror and sync the new mirror
with the main svn repository.

Ankush

________________________________

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:17 -0700, "ankush chadha" <an...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yeah, even I thought that the behavior should be same as you mentioned
> but I got "svnsync: Error while replaying commit" error during sync
> operation for that  revision.
>

> When I checked the mirrored repository, A was missing which is correct
> as at that time A had restricted access. Branch operation of A to B
> failed to mirror though.
>
> I am using svn 1.6.6. After fixing the permissions and re-initiating
> another mirror the problem went away and now both of my repositories
> are synced up with A and B. I am sure that this was the error but
> willl try to write reproduction steps with sample scripts.

That would help a lot, thanks,

Daniel

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
"It should work."

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag ankush chadha,

Posted by ankush chadha <an...@yahoo.com>.
I think I know what the problem is

If we try to mirror a repository using a user account and if that user account
has restricted access, then we will be seeing such errors.

Like in my case svnsync operation for a revision was failing that involved a
copy operation if folder A to folder B. Now the user account that I used to
initiate the mirror operation cannot access A. May be this is the reason why the
svnsync is failing.

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
Hi,

you might wanna repost your question in English. I'm not sure whether
anybody here can read Chinese (if it is Chinese, that is).
All I can make out of this report is that you seem to get some error
running svnsync which seems to be a rather old version (1.7.4). If you
want/need to stick with 1.7, I suggest you at least upgrade to the
latest 1.7-version (which is 1.7.22 at the time of writing this) or even
a later (and still supported) version like 1.8/1.9.

> \u6211\u4e5f\u9047\u5230\u4e86\u8be5\u95ee\u9898Error while replaying
> commit\uff0c\u6709\u4e9b\u5e93\u7528\u4e0b\u9762\u540c\u6837\u7684\u6b65\u9aa4\u64cd\u4f5c\u662f\u6ca1\u95ee\u9898\u7684\uff0c\u4f46\u662f\u6709\u4e9b\u5e93\u5c31\u62a5\u8fd9\u4e2a\u9519\uff0c\u4e0d\u77e5\u9053\u4e3a\u4ec0\u4e48\uff0c\u9ebb\u70e6\u5927\u5bb6\u9047\u5230\u8fc7\u89e3\u51b3\u4e86\u7684\u56de\u7b54\u4e0b\uff0c\u8c22\u8c22
> \u6211\u7684\u64cd\u4f5c\u6b65\u9aa4\u662f
> 1\u3001\u5c06\u811a\u672caapost-commit.bat\u653e\u7f6e\u5230SVN\u4e3b\u670d\u52a1\u5668\u76f8\u5bf9\u5e94\u9879\u76ee\u7684hooks\u6587\u4ef6\u91cc\uff0c
> \u4f8b\u5982\uff1a\\192.168.27.1\d$\SVN\c3m-video\hooks
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Subversion\bin\svnsync.exe" sync --non-interactive
> svn://192.168.27.88/c3m-video --username admin --password cmadmin
> \u4fee\u6539\u4e0b\u9762\u4e00\u884c\u4e2d\u7684\u5907\u4efd\u670d\u52a1\u5668IP\u548c\u9879\u76ee\u540d
> 2\u3001\u5c06\u811a\u672cSvn Start Server.bat\u653e\u7f6e\u5728\u5907\u4efd\u670d\u52a1\u5668SVN\u6587\u4ef6\u7684\u540c\u76ee\u5f55\u4e0b
> svnserve -d -r e:\SVN     \u4fee\u6539\u5bf9\u5e94\u7684\u5b58\u50a8\u76d8\u7b26
> 3\u3001\u5c06\u811a\u672cpre-revprop-change.bat\u653e\u7f6e\u5728\u5907\u4efd\u670d\u52a1\u5668\u76f8\u5e94\u9879\u76ee\u7684hooks\u6587\u4ef6\u5939\u4e0b\u3002\u4f8b\u5982\uff1a
>     \\192.168.27.1\d$\SVN\c3m-video\hooks
> \u4e8c\u3001\u64cd\u4f5c\u547d\u4ee4  (\u5728\u5907\u4efd\u670d\u52a1\u5668\u4e0a\u64cd\u4f5c)
> 1\u3001\u8fde\u63a5 svnsync init svn://192.168.27.88/C3M-EMS svn://192.168.27.1/C3M-EMS
> 2\u3001\u540c\u6b65 svnsync sync svn://192.168.27.88/MVSS --username admin --password
> cmadmin
>
> \u4e3b\u670d\u52a1\u662fWindows sever 2008 R2\uff0c\u5907\u4efd\u670d\u52a1\u5668\u662fWindows sever 2008 R2
> SVN\u670d\u52a1\u7248\u672c\u4e3aSetup-Subversion-1.7.4

Stefan Hett

Re: svnsync error : Error while replaying commit

Posted by huangyanhua <46...@qq.com>.
我也遇到了该问题Error while replaying
commit,有些库用下面同样的步骤操作是没问题的,但是有些库就报这个错,不知道为什么,麻烦大家遇到过解决了的回答下,谢谢
我的操作步骤是
1、将脚本aapost-commit.bat放置到SVN主服务器相对应项目的hooks文件里,
例如:\\192.168.27.1\d$\SVN\c3m-video\hooks
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Subversion\bin\svnsync.exe" sync --non-interactive
svn://192.168.27.88/c3m-video --username admin --password cmadmin
修改下面一行中的备份服务器IP和项目名
2、将脚本Svn Start Server.bat放置在备份服务器SVN文件的同目录下
svnserve -d -r e:\SVN     修改对应的存储盘符
3、将脚本pre-revprop-change.bat放置在备份服务器相应项目的hooks文件夹下。例如:
   \\192.168.27.1\d$\SVN\c3m-video\hooks
二、操作命令  (在备份服务器上操作)
1、连接 svnsync init svn://192.168.27.88/C3M-EMS svn://192.168.27.1/C3M-EMS
2、同步 svnsync sync svn://192.168.27.88/MVSS --username admin --password
cmadmin

主服务是Windows sever 2008 R2,备份服务器是Windows sever 2008 R2
SVN服务版本为Setup-Subversion-1.7.4