Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Adam Katz <an...@khopis.com> on 2011/03/15 20:49:16 UTC

Re: [SA-dev] mass-check has been killing my internet connection - buggy cablemodem

On 03/12/2011 08:11 AM, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> I'm not saying there's anything at all wrong with mass-check.  Just
> that on Comcast's network, with certain old unsupported cablemodems,
> mass-check can trigger problems with the modem or the modem's
> relationship to the network, killing the internet connection.

Tell them what you're doing.  Comcast sponsored the MIT Spam Conference
several times in the last few years; they might be willing to give you
an exception to their attack filters.

I also agree with Warren; try to host your own DNS, maybe get the rsync
updates for local mirrors of the DNSBLs that facilitate that.