Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by wf...@pg.ebx.com on 2001/04/21 05:17:37 UTC

Problem with the classpath

Hi there,

Over here, I have problem with the classpath set up.
When I try to run this command in dos->
   c:\java.org.apache.xalan.Process -in xmlfile.xml -xsl xslfile.xsl -out
fofile.fo
I can get the fo.fo file.

But when I try to run this command->
    c:\java org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine fofile.fo pdffile.pdf
I cannot get the pdf file!

The error stated there was->
org/apache/fop/apps/CommandLine
I suspect the error was I put the .jar files wrongly. Could someone pls
help me on the error.:)

Thanks
Wooi Fun.

Re: Problem with the classpath

Posted by Steven Lane <sl...@mail.fmpro.com>.
>Hi there,
>
>Over here, I have problem with the classpath set up.
>When I try to run this command in dos->
>   c:\java.org.apache.xalan.Process -in xmlfile.xml -xsl xslfile.xsl -out
>fofile.fo
>I can get the fo.fo file.
>
>But when I try to run this command->
>    c:\java org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine fofile.fo pdffile.pdf
>I cannot get the pdf file!
>
>The error stated there was->
>    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>org/apache/fop/apps/CommandLine
>I suspect the error was I put the .jar files wrongly. Could someone pls
>help me on the error.:)

To start, it would be helpful to see how you have your classpath set currently.

-- sgl

Steve Lane
Vice President
Chris Moyer Consulting, Inc.