Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "K. Kamhamea" <ka...@googlemail.com> on 2020/04/21 13:31:50 UTC

running OM as service

Whenever I reboot I have to restart kurento and tomcat manually.
(Of couse I do this as a cron-job)
@reboot /etc/init.d/tomcat3 start
@reboot /etc/init.d/kurento-media-server start

But is someone out there who can create a proper service file as described
for tomcat here:
https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install-tomcat-9-on-ubuntu-18-04/

I thing this is more convenient and up-to-date for the current Ubuntu
versions in use.

Thanks K.

Re: running OM as service

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.
You are right with the second command. It is only valid if you have
installed kurento as a docker container. As for the first one, it is
valid for any distribution that uses systemd. I use it with Archlinux
but I think that any updated distribution also has systemd

Re: running OM as service

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: running OM as service

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: running OM as service

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.
I am sorry. It seems that you have not installed kurento as a docker
container like me. So the command that I have suggested does not work.

Re: running OM as service

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
KMS uses different start system

Re: running OM as service