Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/01/29 16:00:45 UTC

RE : Re: proxy

OK!! Thanks a lot!
The solution is interesting for test purposes but it will not work because in the future it won't be possible to mix the web services and they will be available on differents servers.
Sihem

"Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> a écrit : Sihem
> I would like to use synapse as a proxy in front of 2 different web services. So I decided to define 2 proxy services in synapse as shown in the configuration below. Each proxy is linked to a web service. I read the documentation and it seems not to be possible to define only one proxy which will route the client request to the correct web service, especially because the client have to use the proxy wsdl generated by synapse. Am I right ?

Yes, you are right. However you could define a WSDL for a service that
combines operations of both services, and create one proxy service on
it, and then route to the correct service by looking at the request..
will that work for you?

asankha

---------------------------------

RE : Re: RE : Re: proxy

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi Ruwan,
in fact, I understand now : I did not take into account that it possible to give to synapse proxy a wsdl describing all web services. So synapse will expose the wsdl describing all the web services it can route requests to. The client will only have to choose the correct method.
So indeed, there is no shortcoming of synapse here!
Thanks a lot!
Sihem

Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> a écrit : Hi Sihem,

I am sorry. I didn't get your point. Why this solution does not work? IMO,
if you need the wsdl displayed by synapse proxy to be used by the client
either you have to display them in one wsdl or you will have to display
number of wsdls (i.e. number of proxy services). You can display one wsdl
and rout the requests to different services in different servers and also
you can use different proxy services with different wsdls on different
servers to rout the request to one service in one server (or any combination
of this) ???

Can you please elaborate more on your exact requirement, so that we can
propose the solution for that. I don't see any shortcoming of synapse here.
I am sorry if I am not getting your point.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton