Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2007/11/27 18:18:16 UTC

Combining SOLR and JAMon to monitor query execution times from a browser

Hi folks,

working on a closed source project for an IP concerned company is not
always fun ... we combined SOLR with JAMon
(http://jamonapi.sourceforge.net/) to keep an eye of the query times and
this might be of general interest

+) JAMon comes with a ready-to-use ServletFilter
+) we extended this implementation to keep track for queries issued by a
customer and the requested domain objects, e.g. "artist", "album", "track"
+) this allows us to keep track of the execution times and their
distribution to find quickly long running queries without having access
to the access.log from a web browser
+) a small presentation can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/presentations/jamon-20070717.pdf
+) if it is of general I can rewrite the code as contribution

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Combining SOLR and JAMon to monitor query execution times from a browser

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Noberto,

JAMon is all about aggregating statistical data and displaying the
information for a web browser - the main beauty is that it is easy to
define what you are monitoring such as querying domain objects per customer.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Norberto Meijome <fr...@meijome.net>.

Posted by Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>.
I'd be interested in seeing more logging in the admin section! I saw
that there is QPS in 1.3, which is great, but it'd be wonderful to see
more.

--Matthew Runo