Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Lu, Boying" <Bo...@emc.com> on 2014/09/28 05:05:54 UTC

How to enable client-to-node encrypt communcation?

Hi, All,

I want to enable client-to-node encrypt communication, I read some related documents.
I need to set the following changes in the server side (in yaml):
client_encryption_opitons:
      enabled : true
     keystore: conf/.keystore
keystore_password: some-password
truststore: conf/.truststore
truststore_password: some-password

But how do I enable this on the client side?  My client side is a Java program.

I found some document at https://github.com/PatrickCallaghan/datastax-ssl-example
But setting the system properties: javax.net.ssl.trustStore=conf/.truststore and  javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=some-password
seems not work.

Can someone tell me how to enable this feature?

Thanks

Boying