Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/07 12:50:45 UTC

Your project website

Hi:

I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your
project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As you
know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their
websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.

There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this
page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki page [2]
on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping
projects with this transition.

Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if so,
who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the migration.

Thank you!

[1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html

[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS

--
Andrew Wetmore

http://cottage14.blogspot.com/

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Your project website

Posted by "Jeremy R. Easton-Marks" <J....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Zsolt. Please let us know what when you hear back from Gavin and/or
Andrew.

Depending on the timing I may be able to offer a few cycles to help.

--
Jeremy R. Easton-Marks

"être fort pour être utile"

Re: Your project website

Posted by Zsolt Kúti <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Your project website

Posted by "Jeremy R. Easton-Marks" <J....@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Re: Your project website

Posted by Peter Firmstone <pe...@zeus.net.au>.
Thanks Andrew,

Re: Your project website

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org>.
Hi:

wrote:

> Thanks Andrew,
>
> What's the timeframe for migration?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter.
>
> On 1/02/2021 11:55 pm, Andrew Wetmore wrote:
> > Hi, and happy New Year!
> >
> > I know you folks are busy with your svn-to-git migration, but I wanted
> to bring up again the need to migrate your website off the Apache CMS.
> Please let me know what your plans are, and whether you need help from
> Infra.
> >
> > Andrew Wetmore
> >
> > On 2020/08/10 10:39:31, Zsolt Kúti <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Andrew,
> >>
> >> As no reaction has arrived until now, I, as probably the last one who
> dealt
> >> with our website, take the liberty of answering.
> >>
> >> Yes, our project uses Apache CMS [see here:
> >> https://river.apache.org/user-doc/website.html].
> >> I hope somebody is going to step up for being a contact and/or for
> >> transferring our website content to one of the alternatives.
> >> If not, I'll be around somewhen in September, after back from my
> holidays
> >> and may do what is needed for it.
> >>
> >> Thanks for contacting us and offering help!
> >> Zsolt

> your
> their

> this