Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by cosmindumy <co...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/05 11:19:58 UTC

Remove cookie problem

Hi,
I added a cookie at login using CookieValuePersister.
At logout I want to remove the cookie. The logout is not handled in wicket.
I remove it using javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.

Also, when I access again a page after  logout I receive an
IllegalStateException:
 Unable to redirect to: ...., HTTP Response has already been committed.

java.lang.IllegalStateException
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendRedirect(ResponseFacade.java:433)
	at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebResponse.sendRedirect(WebResponse.java:299)

Re: Remove cookie problem

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

It is not clear what exactly you need and do but I think you just need a
plain <form> in the markup, no need of Wicket Form component.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM, cosmindumy <co...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I couldn't find yet a solution.
> When pressing login button, after validation, it should be redirected to
> ..../j_acegi_security_check?j_username....and so on.
> Using getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(..) makes parameters visible in
> browser.
> Which is the best solution?
> Thanks.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development

Re: Remove cookie problem

Posted by cosmindumy <co...@yahoo.com>.
I see.
Thanks for replies.

Re: Remove cookie problem

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
You cannot redirect with POST. Redirects are always GET.
You can use HttpClient/UrlConnection to send a POST request to the other
url and then parse the response to see whether the authentication was OK.

The problem with this approach is that it will need two http worker threads
for a single request. With high load you can deadlock the server.

Re: Remove cookie problem

Re: Remove cookie problem

Re: Finding HTML Markup in External JARs

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.
Well, as usual, it's never what you think of. We have two experienced (?)
developers looking at this all morning, & no one noticed that the
extension was "hml" instead of "html". (Hides red face & slinks away).

From:   Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   11/14/2012 12:12 PM
Subject:        Re: Finding HTML Markup in External JARs

I'd recommend putting a proper xml header with explicit encoding into
each markup, but you can also specify a default encoding with
IMarkupSettings#defaultMarkupEncoding.

However you do it, it shouldn't have any effect on Wicket *finding* the
markup.

Sven

On 11/14/2012 07:07 PM, Richard W. Adams wrote:
> I've been digging into this all morning, and my current theory is that
> it's a file encoding problem. After adding the Maven resource plugin to
my
> POM to force copying in UTF-8, I now get the identical error running on
my
> Jetty on my workstation  (which worked fine earlier this morning). Does
> wicket have special encoding requirements? Anyone know what the encoding
> best practices are for Wicket?
>
>                          <plugin>
>                          <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                          <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
>                          <version>2.6</version>
>                          <configuration>
>                            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>                          </configuration>
>                      </plugin>

> I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use
> than eating soup with a knife.
>

> From:   Eric Jablow <er...@gmail.com>
> To:     users@wicket.apache.org
> Date:   11/14/2012 11:22 AM
> Subject:        Re: Finding HTML Markup in External JARs
>

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net> wrote:
>> Depending on what your *PathLocator *does, it might not serve the usual
>> markup from beside components.
>>

>>> Wicket is finding HTML files in *other* JARs. This is a puzzler.
> Could this be a ClassLoader issue? The two JAR files' ClassLoaders may
> be different and unrelated.
>
> Eric

> **
>
> This email and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.
 Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others,
and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express
permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the
e-mail and destroy all copies.
> **

**

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.

From:   Eric Jablow <er...@gmail.com>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   11/14/2012 11:22 AM

Posted by Eric Jablow <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Depending on what your *PathLocator *does, it might not serve the usual
markup from beside components.

 > Wicket is finding HTML files in *other* JARs. This is a puzzler.

That's strange indeed.

Sven

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.
[...]

files. But I don't that's causing the problem, because Wicket is finding

From:   Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   11/14/2012 09:29 AM

Hi,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Remove cookie problem

Posted by cosmindumy <co...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
Seems that action attribute cannot be modified.
I want to handle the authentication with acegi. This means a redirct to
"j_acegi_security_check" with post method. Can I find an example? I use
wicket 1.4.19.
Thanks.

Re: Remove cookie problem

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Add AttributeModifier to the Form component or override its
onComponentTag(ComponentTag) method and use 'tag.put(name, value).

Re: Remove cookie problem