Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "Chavan, Girish" <ch...@upmc.edu> on 2008/01/24 16:26:03 UTC

Using the UIMA plugins in an RCP application

Hi All,

I am writing an Eclipse RCP application and would like to use the UIMA
component descriptor editor plugin within my RCP application to edit the
UIMA descriptor files. I added them as dependencies and the editor shows
up as an option under "Open with..." menu when I right click on an xml
file.

The problem is when I do try to open it, the editor fails to initialize
and thows an exception.

Here is the root cause:

            at
org.apache.uima.taeconfigurator.TAEConfiguratorPlugin.<clinit>(TAEConfig
uratorPlugin.java:74)

Here is the code around line 74 in TAEConfiguratorPlugin.java:

======================

  static {

    Bundle bundle = Platform.getBundle("org.eclipse.platform");

    String versionString = (String) bundle.getHeaders().get(  --- this
is line 74

            org.osgi.framework.Constants.BUNDLE_VERSION);

    PluginVersionIdentifier version = new
PluginVersionIdentifier(versionString);

    eclipseVersionMajor = version.getMajorComponent();

    eclipseVersionMinor = version.getMinorComponent();

    is30version = eclipseVersionMajor == 3 && eclipseVersionMinor == 0;

  }

======================

I am using UIMA 2.2.1. with Eclipse 3.3

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Girish

RE: Using the UIMA plugins in an RCP application

Posted by "Chavan, Girish" <ch...@upmc.edu>.
That was it!!!
Thanks a lot.

-Girish

the problem here could be that you do not have the
org.eclipse.platform.plugin
loaded in your RCP application.

Hope this helps,
Jörn