Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/04/26 13:11:13 UTC

Re: [S2] Struts 2.0.8 release manager (was PROPOSAL: s1 modules module)

If we're not going on to 2.0.9, then the JIRA stuff is mainly done.
We'd just need to bulk-change whatever we don't close in 2.0.8 to
2.1.0. A release notes page is setup, which links to the detail from
JIRA.

If we apply any more patches, it would be nice to expand on the
bullets. Otherwise, we can just delete the empty bullets, and rely on
the JIRA detail.

The main thing would be to hookup with the new XW2 release. It would
be nice to apply the patches, but those could also be done in 2.1.0,
if we are ready to move on that soon.

AFAIK, the 2.1.0 blocker is the portlet plugin, which is in turn being
blocked by stalled discussions regarding abstracting the URL handling.

-Ted.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.
Ted, I'll work on the 2.0.8 tickets for now.  I'd like to resolve
everything on the 'Struts 2.0.8 TODO' page.

Next, I'd like to step up and release 2.0.8.  At this time, I'm not
sure about a time table.  I'll post back as soon as the time frame is
set.

Personally, I'm winding down another kids soccer season, which will
free up a little extra time, but that's 2 weeks away.

Thanks again for all your help.  Let me know if there's something I'm
missing.

--
James Mitchell

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/26, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>:
> If need be, we could also release a plugin separately. The JARs are
> built separately, we just glom it all together as an administrative
> convenience. If someone wanted to re-roll the Tiles plugin against a
> new Tiles 2 build and call it release 2.0.8.1, that would be simple to
> do.

Uh, sure, sorry I forgot about it. Thank you :-)

Antonio

Re: [S2] Struts 2.0.8 release manager (was PROPOSAL: s1 modules module)

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.