Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/22 15:44:30 UTC

Re: Filter in TableView

Hi,
you should subscribe to our mailing lists, or you post will not be accepted
di nabble, and no other user/developer can give you an answer.

You can find them here:
http://pivot.apache.org/lists.html

The users mailing list is enough for your question.

Bye

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
>And all my code is a bxml page, which code you can find above on this
page...
Ok, very good.

>I wait you fix this problem!
Next week I'll try too look at it.

>And I start to write a custom component - TableViewFilter, can you help me
with this?
I'm sorry but in Pivot usually I work on different parts of it (very little
on components) so I can't help you so much on this. But maybe others can ...

>I'll start a new topic here...
Yes, it's better.

I'll keep you updated.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.
Ok, i user pivot plugin for eclipse... And all my code is a bxml page, which
code you can find above on this page... I wait you fix this problem! Thank
you... And I start to write a custom component - TableViewFilter, can you
help me with this? I'll start a new topic here...

-----
Thank you!

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>I don't understand, I must post code or you have to look at source code?
Both, but I was referring to Pivot source code :-) .

So if you can post a minimal (working) sample (inside a zip), it will speed
up a lot our tests, to see if there is something to fix in Pivot.

Thanks.

Bye

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
As Greg say, probably we have to look at (popup) window offset / positioning

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.
I don't set any padding/spacing in the skin... Is it possible to remove this
spacing?

-----
Thank you!

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
I don't think so. The editor is shown in a popup window. What I don't know is why the window is offset vertically like that.

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Some default padding/spacing in the skin ?

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Thank you for clarifying. That is strange. I don't know why that space is there. Maybe someone else has an idea?

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Re: Filter in TableView

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
> Oops, It was my fault with not working editor... It works fine.. my code is:

Glad to hear that you got it working.

> But how can I exlude a deviation of editor in my filter table?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you be more specific?

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.
Oops, It was my fault with not working editor... It works fine.. my code is:

<Window title="Table Views" maximized="true"
    xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
    xmlns:collections="org.apache.pivot.collections"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk"
    xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content">
    <Border>
        <ScrollPane>
            <TableView bxml:id="tableView">
                <columns>
                    <TableView.Column name="nation" width="180"
headerData="Nation"/>
                    <TableView.Column name="gold" width="60"
headerData="Gold"/>
                    <TableView.Column name="silver" width="60"
headerData="Silver"/>
                    <TableView.Column name="bronze" width="60"
headerData="Bronze"/>
                    <TableView.Column name="total" width="60"
headerData="Total"/>
                </columns>

                <collections:HashMap nation="China" gold="51" silver="21"
bronze="28" total="100"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="United States" gold="36"
silver="38" bronze="36" total="110"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="Russia" gold="23" silver="21"
bronze="28" total="72"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="Great Britain" gold="19"
silver="13" bronze="15" total="47"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="Germany" gold="16" silver="10"
bronze="15" total="41"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="Australia" gold="14"
silver="15" bronze="17" total="46"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="South Korea" gold="13"
silver="10" bronze="8" total="31"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="Japan" gold="9" silver="6"
bronze="11" total="26"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="Italy" gold="8" silver="10"
bronze="10" total="28"/>
                <collections:HashMap nation="France" gold="7" silver="16"
bronze="17" total="40"/>
            </TableView>

            <columnHeader>
                <TableViewHeader tableView="$tableView"/>
   				<BoxPane orientation="vertical" styles="{fill:true}">
      				<TableViewHeader tableView="$tableView"/>
           			 <TableView bxml:id="tableViewFilter"
columnSource="$tableView">
                		<columns>
                    		<TableView.Column name="nation" width="180"/>
                    		<TableView.Column name="gold" width="60" />
                    		<TableView.Column name="silver" width="60"/>
                    		<TableView.Column name="bronze" width="60"/>
                    		<TableView.Column name="total" width="60"/>
                		</columns>

                		<rowEditor>
							<content:TableViewRowEditor editEffect="horizontal_slide">
								<cellEditors>
									<nation>
										<TextInput textKey="nation"/>
									</nation>
								</cellEditors>
							</content:TableViewRowEditor>
						</rowEditor>

                		<collections:HashMap nation="" gold="" silver="" bronze=""
total=""/>
            		</TableView>
    			</BoxPane>
            </columnHeader>
        </ScrollPane>
    </Border>
</Window>

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
> Sandro Martini, Have you working example? I've tried to do something like
that, but I can't!
I'm sorry but it was just an idea, as seen in other frameworks ...

Re: Filter in TableView

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
TableViewHeader is not a Container, so it can't contain a TextInput. That's why I suggested the editor approach.

Re: Filter in TableView

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Can you share some sample code that demonstrates the problem?

Re: Filter in TableView

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Yes, you can set the "backgroundColor" style of your filter table to a different color, and you can also use the "alternateRowBackgroundColor" style to render odd-numbered rows in a different color.

Re: Filter in TableView

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
I imagine you'd want to do something like this:

<ScrollPane>
    <view>
        <TableView bxml:id="tableView">
        </TableView>
    </view>

    <columnHeader>

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Sorry, I don't have time at the moment to put an example together. But basically what I am suggesting is to use a single-row TableView as your filter. Setting the "columnSource" property of this table view to your main table will keep the table structures in sync: when you resize a column in the main table, the corresponding column in the header will also be resized.

However, table views are not inherently editable, so you'll need to attach an editor to it in order for the user to modify the filter values. Take a look at this demo for an example:

http://pivot.apache.org/demos/table-row-editor.html
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/demos/src/org/apache/pivot/demos/roweditor/

That example uses a slide transition effect to bring up the editor, but that is optional. You can use a different transition or no transition at all, if you prefer.

Hope this helps.

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
> Ok this is almost that I want. But in your solution filters not resizable

Do you mean that you want the width of the filter field to match the width of the column?

> And I want that appearance be similar row. Is it possible?

Yes. There are a couple of ways you could do this. One is to use another TableView as your filter row, and attach an editor to it. You can easily keep the column widths in sync by setting the filter TableView's column source to your main table.

Another approach would be to use a TablePane and listen for column width changes on your main table, updating your table pane column widths accordingly. But I think that in the long run this could be more work than the other option.

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.
Ok this is almost that I want. But in your solution filters not resizable,
when I resize column header, filters keep thier size. And I want that
appearance be similar row. Is it possible?

But now I have:

http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n3298232/ScreenClip.png
my code is:

        				<TextInput prompt="Filter Field 1"/>
        				<TextInput prompt="Filter Field 2"/>
        				<TextInput prompt="Filter Field 3"/>
        				<TextInput prompt="Filter Field 4"/>
        				<TextInput prompt="Filter Field 5"/>
      				</BoxPane>
    			</BoxPane>
            </columnHeader>
        </ScrollPane>
    </Border>
</Window>

-----
Thank you!

Re: Filter in TableView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
I believe you were asking about how to place a row of filter fields in the table view, correct? If so, you can simply add these to the column header of your table view's scroll pane. You can use a BoxPane or TablePane for the header and add your TableViewHeader and filter component to it:

<ScrollPane>
  <columnHeader>
    <BoxPane orientation="vertical" styles="{fill:true}">
      <TableViewHeader tableView="$myTableView"/>

RE: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.

RE: Filter in TableView

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.
But there is no filter in Table in this example... I don't know how to create
a filtered table.

RE: Filter in TableView

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
sorry I haven't had time to clean up my code in order to send you...but I based all my work on this example

http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/table-views.json.html

Kind Regards,

Camilo Casadiego Espitia
Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.
Ok, thank you very much! My mail - au@cargosoft.ru

RE: Filter in TableView

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
sure..rigth now i'm a little busy....maybe in the aftenroon i can check some code and send it to you

Kind Regards,

Camilo Casadiego Espitia
Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.

RE: Filter in TableView

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
hi there...I have made some filtering in different componets...anb basically what i have done is to add or the textchange listeners to the input texts, or add some buttons to handle the event of filtering, the in the event just recalculated the array or map used to paint the component, and set it to the parent component (ie, the list object...table..whatever) and pivot renders it automatically

Kind Regards,

Camilo Casadiego Espitia

Posted by prophe <au...@cargosoft.ru>.
Done. Any ideas how to do that?