Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Kalkunda, Venkat" <Ka...@principal.com> on 2005/08/04 20:22:55 UTC

HSSFCell object.

Hi,

I am using this snippet of code in one of my projects.

HSSFCell cell = null;
HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(file);
HSSFSheet workSheet = wb.getSheetAt(sheetNum)
	cell = row.getCell(columnNum);
**variable = cell.getNumericCellValue();**

The starred line of code is where I need help. The cell that I am trying to retreive value from can contain a number or a String or a Date or any series of characters. It may be just number, or just String of characters or just date. What method or what logic can I use so that I can retreive the value of the cell, whatever may be the contents.I can check if it just a number or if it is just a string but if it is a date I don't know how I can verify that.

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thank You
Kalkunda Venkat
GFRIS - Principal Financial Group
Ph: (515) 362 1388

-----Message Disclaimer-----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies of
the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the
Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained
as required by law or regulation.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature
for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

RE: HSSFCell object.

Posted by "smrutiranjan.b" <sm...@outlook.com>.
Hi Peter,

I was facing the same problem of ###### date, with the above mentioned
settings it got resolved but how to persist that setting permanently as it
is reset after closing the excel sheet.

Regards,
SaM.