Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ma...@Oneaccount.com on 2002/02/26 13:50:52 UTC

ProxyPass & Rewrite rule

Hi,

I have a proxypass set up so that any request for a certain path get sent
to another server. What I have been trying to do is use the Rewrite rule to
allow me to serve specific directories under this point from the current
server ( and not pass them on using the proxypass setting). What I am
experiencing seems to imply that this is not possible. Whenever the
proxypass is there it seems to be actioned first and does not appear to get
as far as the Rewrite rule I have created. If I comment out the ProxyPass
the RewriteRule functions correctly.

Is there an order of precidence somewhere which determins the order in
which things like this are processed. I have been searching the
documentation, but with no success. If anyone could help with this it would
be appreciated, even if it is suggesting a better way of doing this or just
telling me where to look.

The ProxyPass & the RewriteRule are all contained within a VirtualHost
section.

Cheers,

Mark.

All telephone calls are recorded and may be monitored.

E-mail communication is not secure and may be intercepted
by a third party. This message is confidential to the intended addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately and then
changes made to this message after it was sent. Although Virgin One account
believes this e-mail is free of any virus or other defect which may affect a
computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is
virus free and Virgin One account does not accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage arising from its use.

The Virgin One account is a secured personal bank account with The Royal Bank
of Scotland plc administered by Virgin Direct Personal Finance Ltd. It is an
Introducer representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd,
which is authorised by the Financial Services Authority for life insurance,
pension and unit trust business and represents only the Virgin Money marketing
group.

Registered office: Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2TH, UK.
Registered in England no 3414708.