Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2015/04/24 16:09:08 UTC

[v6.0.0] Experimental Plugins -> Stable

Hi all,

Below is a list of currently “experimental” plugins. We should decide which, if any, of these should be moved to a stable state. Once stable, incompatible changes within a major release would not be accepted. Being stable also means that we expect it to be fully maintained and supported.

Please discuss and suggest which of these should be promoted to stable.

— Leif

ats_pagespeed/
authproxy/
background_fetch/
balancer/
buffer_upload/
cache_promote/
channel_stats/
collapsed_connection/
custom_redirect/
epic/
escalate/
esi/
generator/
geoip_acl/
header_normalize/
healthchecks/
hipes/
Makefile.am
Makefile.in
memcached_remap/
metalink/
mysql_remap/
regex_revalidate/
remap_stats/
s3_auth/
spdy/
ssl_cert_loader/
sslheaders/
stale_while_revalidate/
ts_lua/
url_sig/
xdebug/

Re: [v6.0.0] Experimental Plugins -> Stable

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure I'd believe a plugin was ready to be moved out of experimental if it doesn't have a documentation page (eg, other than a README in the code directory, though the doc page wouldn't have to have different content).miles

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:15 PM, Steven Hunter <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Stable_connection/StevenHunter

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Hunter <st...@gmail.com>.
Stable_connection/

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 24, 2015, at 11:03 AM, Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> When do you think you will be open sourcing the plugin?

Hopefully for 6.0.0. We’ve worked with the IETF WG to get some things changed, and will continue to do so. I’d also encourage everyone who’s got use cases for URL signing to participate in this WG discussion.

Cheers,

— leif

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.

Posted by Randeep <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 for background_fetch. I have tested it and its working fine. It is very
useful when the user request for large media files.

Regards,
Randeep

--
Randeep
Mob: +919447831699[kerala]

[image: --]
Randeep Raman
[image: http://]about.me/Randeeppr
<http://about.me/Randeeppr>

Re: [v6.0.0] Experimental Plugins -> Stable

Posted by Randeep <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Jason J. W. Williams" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jason J. W. Williams" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 24, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Below is a list of currently “experimental” plugins. We should decide which, if any, of these should be moved to a stable state. Once stable, incompatible changes within a major release would not be accepted. Being stable also means that we expect it to be fully maintained and supported.
>
> Please discuss and suggest which of these should be promoted to stable.
>
> — Leif

These are the two I personally think we should seriously consider promoting. I use them daily, and I think they are generally used and useful as well:

> authproxy/
> background_fetch/

— Leif

Re: [v6.0.0] Experimental Plugins -> Stable

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 24, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Below is a list of currently “experimental” plugins. We should decide which, if any, of these should be moved to a stable state. Once stable, incompatible changes within a major release would not be accepted. Being stable also means that we expect it to be fully maintained and supported.
>
> Please discuss and suggest which of these should be promoted to stable.
>
> — Leif

These are the two I personally think we should seriously consider promoting. I use them daily, and I think they are generally used and useful as well:

> authproxy/
> background_fetch/

— Leif

Re: [v6.0.0] Experimental Plugins -> Stable

Posted by Steven Hunter <st...@gmail.com>.
Stable_connection/

Posted by Steven Hunter <st...@gmail.com>.
StevenHunter