Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Fedor Smirnoff <in...@olnix.com> on 2004/06/16 05:46:33 UTC

Setting Extended ActionForm

Hi,

Not sure if I can explain it, but I will try.
Basically I have ActionForm1 with Action1 and ActionForm2(extends
ActionForm1) with Action2

AF1 has get/set method for some arrayList.

Now I have a form that posts to Action2 and uses values from AF2, however,
an arrayList is beng pulled from AF1. When I try to post, it fails because
bean cannot be populated. From what I understand it because AF1.ArrayList
already initialized but AF2.ArrayList is null. Is there a way to get around
it, tried reset method, didn't work.

I understand I can programmatically do it in the Action2 that accepts the
post if I simply name variables different (use GET from AF1 but name them
without using the Array). However, that doesn't seem to be right for some
reason, any ideas?

Thanks,
Fedor