Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/06 20:45:27 UTC

Minimum test set for idempotent changes in schema.xml

Hi,

I want to do some minor cleanup in (multiple) schema.xml. What's the
minimum set of tests I need to run before I submit a patch?

'ant test' seems to be a heavy thing. Is there a way to say, just
schema-related ones?

Regards,
    Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

Re: Minimum test set for idempotent changes in schema.xml

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
You are both right :-)

I was modifying schema.xml in the distribution and wanted to know
whether we had any Solr tests that covered/tested those files to
ensure I did not break anything.

I did not find any specific to my - truly minor - changes (now in
SOLR-6826), so ended up running the full suite.

David, your suggestion though is great for the future, so I appreciate it.

Posted by "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Hi David

Posted by "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com>.