Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/04/29 08:31:41 UTC

RE: Marketing Cocoon or: My first, my second and my current impression - request for comments

Torsten (and others),

We've been working on the Cocoon project now for 3 years. In the beginning
we also had a hard time wrapping our brains around the new ideas and working
out how all these different concepts fit together. We felt Cocoon was the
best platform for what our customers needed (yes we're commercially driven)
and were particularly frustrated about lack of documentation and things not
working as they should. Why weren't our bugs being fixed, why wasn't Cocoon
being released, why was there no good documentation.

So what did we do?

We got involved. We donated code, we took on the role of release manager
(because no-one was releasing anything back then), we wrote articles and
books and we scratched itches.

As I often rant about here http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1014 (and as
Stefano has constantly reminded me of the past 3 years) :  it's not all
about code.

>I’ve been watching this sentence for more than a year now:
>
>[“Come back often...this guide is being updated regularly.”]

If you just watch - then nothing will happen.

Even though this may get you all irked up and angry - I'm afraid it's a
truth you will learn in the end. Or you will have to look elsewhere for what
you need.

Sorry if this sounds as though I'm preaching - it's not meant like that. But
you wanted a comment :-)

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: Marketing Cocoon or: My first, my second and my current impression - request for comments

Posted by Joseph Jupin <jo...@fe77.com>.
guess it just the University of Phoenix in another life, maybe?
 hmmmm...  :-)

peace.  JOe...