Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Ravi Sinha <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 09:59:32 UTC

A query

Hi,

I am working for CDAC, Bangalore, India. It is a R&D organization
functioning under Ministry of Information & Communication Technology, India.
We are currently exploring various SOA & Web Service
avenues where we would like to contribute.

Our team has gone through CXF's web site and found that support for WS-*
standards like
*WS-Atomic Transaction, WS-Business Activity, WS-Coordination, WS-Eventing,
WS-Metadata Exchange, WS-Notification *is
still remaining to be implemented. It might be that implementation for
some of them might be in the pipeline or yet to start.

*
We would like to enquire about the possibility of us undertaking a
project that implements some of these WS-* standards for CXF
framework.
*

Regards
Ravi Sinha

Re: A query

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Wow.....   This is the type of email we LOVE to see.   :-)

> We would like to enquire about the possibility of us undertaking a
> project that implements some of these WS-* standards for CXF
> framework.

That would be great!   At this point, I haven't heard of anyone working
on the list that you gave for CXF.  I THINK there have been some
discussions with some folks about doing WS-Trust/WS-SecureConversation,
but those aren't on your list.   Thus, feel free to pick one and start
working on it.   I'd be happy to be a "mentor" to answer any questions
you might have, although, as normal, please just sent them to this list
so everyone can benifit.

For the most part, create a JIRA item at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF
and start attaching patches.  We can review them and apply them as they
come in.

Thanks!
Dan

--