Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Prakhar Sharma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/24 06:18:23 UTC

setJobConf pipes c++

Hi all,
I am a newbie to hadoop mapreduce and have to use Pipes api. I will
like to know how can an application specify more control on the
jobconf attributes through Pipes api?

My problem being; the pipes api exposes just one function runTask() to
the application code. Inside runTask() an object of TasoContextImpl
class is created which has objects to JobConf, mapper, reducer, etc...
So, without creating an object of TaskContextImpl application code
can't set required attributes and the object of TaskContextImpl cannot
be created in the main() function (because of interface provided by
base class).

A direct result of this will be that Pipes api can't be used anything
more complicated than the examples provided by hadoop distribution.
Has anyone encountered similar problem? If yes, how you solved it? I
was trying hacking around runTask(), but, no success yet.

Thanks,
Prakhar