Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/20 05:59:44 UTC

Re: nulls in prepared statement

> pstmt.setString(1,cobj.getPartNo());
>
> where the getPartNo() method returns null.  When this happens I get a null pointer exception.

It's not an exact match, but your description sounds VERY close to

Can you post a full stack trace of your NullPointerException?

What version of Derby are you using?

If you are in fact encountering DERBY-1938, can you upgrade to 10.8 and
see if your results are better?

thanks,

bryan

Re: nulls in prepared statement

Posted by Tomcat Programmer <tc...@yahoo.com>.

> It's not an exact match, but your description sounds VERY close to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1938
>
> What version of Derby are you using?
>
> If you are in fact encountering DERBY-1938, can you upgrade to 10.8 and
> see if your results are better?

Yes Bryan, I agree it sounds close, thanks for the heads up on this.   I'm using derby 10.8.1.2, so this fix alone doesn't solve it.  I'm using a relatively recent 1.6 SDK, though not the absolute newest, but I would not expect that to be a factor.

> Can you post a full stack trace of your NullPointerException?

I'll get this tonight and send it along.