Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Michael Dykman <mi...@dykman.org> on 2004/11/01 18:08:13 UTC

Re: Announcement: Veracity, a mostly compatible enhanced reimplementation of the Velocity core

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 21:53, Shinobu Kawai wrote:
> Hi michael,
>
> > I have been an enthusiastic Velocity user for several years but there
> > are some limitations to it's behaviour and template language which I
> > have found disconcerting.  My solution was to reimplement the core
> > technology, integrating my wish list while trying to stay as compatible
> > with Velocity as was reasonable. The result is 'Veracity' which I intend
> > to release very shortly under the Artistic License.
> Great work!
>
> > As compatibility with Velocity has been a major design goal, the
> > documentation for Veracity makes frequent references to Velocity and I
> > wanted to give interested parties the opportunity to correct any errors
> > or misconceptions about Velocity I might have made inadvertently.
> > Outside of a very small group of friends and associates, I have made no
> > announcements about the tool or it's impending release.
> >
> > Any feedback would be much appreciated.  The documentation and binaries
> > may be found at
> >
> >        http://veracity.shadowplay.net:8080/veracity/veracity
> I doubt if I'll ever have a chance to use it at work, but I'll take a
> look at it in my free time.  Where do you want your feedback?
>
> Just downloaded the tarball.  Is the documentation downloadable, too?
> I sometimes work offline.  ;)
>
> Best regards,
> -- Shinobu Kawai

Feedback may be sent to my personal address, michael@dykman.org,
preferably with 'Veracity' somewhere in the subject.  The Javadocs are
included with the basic package.

The on-line documentation is delivered through a little Veracity Servlet
pulling the content from a db: perhaps I will soon automate tar'ing
those pages as rendered once a week or so and make the tar available but
for now, only available on-line.

 - michael

--
 - michael dykman