Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/03/19 10:37:32 UTC

RealHostIp

I can't ping RealHostIp, has the service been properly taken down? An NSLOOKUP didn't resolve any nameservers at all.

Alex

.

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

RE: RealHostIp

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks Lucian,

I like your thinking. Might set one up on my domain controller - hopefully get faster lookups too.

Regards

Alex Hitchins

D: +44 1892 523 587 | S: +44 2036 030 540 | M: +44 7788 423 969

alex.hitchins@shapeblue.com

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
+1 on avoiding 8.8.8.8. Nothing good comes from google knowing your dns resolution history...

(or whatever other free dns resolvers)

RE: RealHostIp

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

RE: RealHostIp

Posted by Stephen Turner <St...@citrix.com>.
GLENDOWER

    I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

HOTSPUR

    Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them?

--
Stephen Turner

Re: RealHostIp

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.