Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by zh...@zte.com.cn on 2013/04/11 11:26:13 UTC

jps show nothing but hadoop still running

Hi Guys,

        I use hadoop-1.0.4 for hbase-0.94.5,today i found jps command show
nothing bug jps itself, however hadoop still running!Now i can't stop
it.stop-all.sh just shows like following. Did someone encounter this
problem before or could give me some suggestion to solve it?
      btw,hbase still can use hadoop.
Thank you!

        no jobtracker to stop
        cmc-slave9: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave3: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave5: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave7: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave4: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave6: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave1: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave10: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave11: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave8: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave12: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave13: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave14: no tasktracker to stop
        no namenode to stop

        cmc-slave3: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave5: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave1: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave4: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave10: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave9: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave11: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave6: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave8: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave7: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave12: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave13: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave14: no datanode to stop
        cmc-master: no secondarynamenode to stop

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.

Re: jps show nothing but hadoop still running

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
One more issue can occur.
If your system is installed with more than one java, this issue may occur.
Openjdk may be present as default (jps is not present in openjdk).
jps is present in sun java.
If the running process is using openjdk, then that process will not be
listed with jps.
The jps will list only the processes that are using the sun java.
This is my knowledge.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Posted by Nafize <nr...@gmail.com>.
MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI <ma...@...> writes:

> It's a limitation of jps: it will only show processes run as the current
user. Try using "sudo -u hdfs jps". This also means that you will have to
sudo as the appropriate user to run the stop/start scripts.
> Regards,
> Marcos
> On 11-04-2013 06:26,
> zhang.heng16@zte.com.cn wrote:
>

> Hi Guys,         I use hadoop-1.0.4 for hbase-0.94.5,today i found jps
command show nothing bug jps itself, however hadoop still running!Now i
can't stop it.stop-all.sh just shows like following. Did someone encounter
this problem before
>  or could give me some suggestion to solve it?       btw,hbase still can
use hadoop. Thank you!         no jobtracker to stop
>         cmc-slave9: no tasktracker to stop         cmc-slave3: no
tasktracker to stop         cmc-slave5: no tasktracker to stop         cmc-
slave7: no tasktracker to stop         cmc-slave4: no tasktracker to stop
      cmc-slave6: no tasktracker to stop         cmc-slave1: no tasktracker
to stop         cmc-slave10: no tasktracker to stop         cmc-slave11: no
tasktracker to stop         cmc-slave8: no tasktracker to stop         cmc-
slave12: no tasktracker to stop         cmc-slave13: no tasktracker to stop
        cmc-slave14: no tasktracker to stop         no namenode to stop
            cmc-slave3: no datanode to stop         cmc-slave5: no datanode
to stop         cmc-slave1: no datanode to stop         cmc-slave4: no
datanode to stop         cmc-slave10: no datanode to stop         cmc-
slave9: no datanode to stop         cmc-slave11: no datanode to stop
cmc-slave6: no datanode to stop         cmc-slave8: no datanode to stop
    cmc-slave7: no datanode to stop         cmc-slave12: no datanode to stop
        cmc-slave13: no datanode to stop         cmc-slave14: no datanode to
stop         cmc-master: no secondarynamenode to stop

> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail
(and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and
is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an
intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us
immediately.

I got same problem. After I checked with java update it still got same
problem until i reformatted restarted the whole instance in ec2 along with
hadoop and reformatted hdfs. Then I restarted hbase. It works like charm.

Regards,
Nafize

Re: jps show nothing but hadoop still running

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
One more issue can occur.

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
One more issue can occur.