Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Cristi Toth <cr...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 19:07:41 UTC

[Trinidad] tree components skinning improvement

Hi!

I already did some work on the tree components:
I added the lines to the tree and the capability to skin the expand /
collapse icons.

But normal trees also have some different icons for each node (next to the
expand/collapse icon)
In tomahawk, each node has a sting property named 'type'
which is then used to define facets with that name and inside you can render
icons or whatever.
This way you can put for each node type an icon.

I thought that in trinidad I could just use that 'type' attribute to get the
icon from the skin
so there'll be icon skinSelectors like : af|tree::node-icon:type
type beeing the value of the 'type' parameter.

There are 2 ways of doing this.
1. add the optional property to the tree node class
2. extend the tree node class and add the property

Which one do you suggest?

--
Cristi Toth

Codebeat